Financial Aid
Student Information


Costs & Financial Aid   

Financial Aid counseling is available for daytime programs.  Adult students enrolled in daytime programs may qualify to receive financial assistance through Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS), Vocational Rehabilitation, Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and others. For more information about financial aid programs contact Michelle Ketcherside at  High Plains Technology Center (580) 571-6177.

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant provides a foundation of aid, to which assistance from other federal and non-federal sources may be added. Pell Grants do not have to be repaid. The Federal Pell Grant is a federally funded grant program which provides funds for educational expenses to adult students who attend post-secondary education. If the student withdraws from school, the grant payments will terminate. The family financial situation determines whether a student may receive a grant and the amount of the grant. Grant amounts are determined yearly based on federal funding of the Pell Grant program. All students who are eligible and make application will receive a Federal Pell Grant.

Criteria for Pell Grant

  • You must be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program for the purpose of obtaining a certificate.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or national or an eligible non-citizen.
  • You must have financial need.
  • You must have a high school diploma, GED or home school equivalency.
  • You must not be in default on any Title IV, HEA loan and you must not owe a refund on any Title IV, HEA grant received for attendance at any institution as evidenced by a signed statement and financial aid transcripts.
  • Students who receive financial aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress in the course of study they are pursuing according to the standards of High Plains Technology Center. 

Steps to Apply

Adult students are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Complete the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) in print or online at Identify HPTC as your school code choice on the FAFSA application. HPTC Federal Code is 016118. Send off your application using one of the following: Online:  Mail: Federal Student Aid Programs, PO Box 4691, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864-0059.

Documents Required for Financial Aid 

Some students who apply for financial aid will need to provide additional documentation for verification purposes. These documents may include but are not limited to: Proof of all income reported on the FAFSA (i.e. copy of federal income tax transcripts and W2's or non-filer document)

  • Completed and signed verification worksheets
  • Proof of child support paid
  • Proof of food stamps received

Failure to comply with verification requirements may result in forfeiture of aid. Verification materials should be submitted to the financial aid office within 10 days of student notification.

Mobile-Friendly FAFSA Website

New Video for Students and Parents: Completing the FAFSA via Mobile App: Created as part of NASFAA U's Fundamentals of Student Financial Aid online course curriculum, NASFAA recently published a video that covers the steps a student must go through to complete and submit a FAFSA through the myStudentAid mobile app. We encourage you to share this video with prospective and current college students who need help applying for federal financial aid, to link to it from your financial aid website, and to incorporate it into future financial aid night presentations.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program (OTAG)

You must meet all of the general eligibility requirements listed for the Federal Pell Grant Program, must be an Oklahoma resident, attend an approved Oklahoma school and must demonstrate financial needs as determined by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. For best consideration, the student needs to have filed a FAFSA by October 1st.

Oklahoma's Promise

This is an Oklahoma Scholarship for students that take a required list of academic classes in high school and meet a GPA of 2.5. Student eligibility is determined by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE). Students will be required to file FAFSA for the award year of their first year of attending a post-secondary education institution which will provide the required second income verification. Eligibility is dependent upon enrollment in a program that is offered through a cooperative agreement co-enrollment at a degree granting institution with which High Plains Tech has an alliance agreement.

Student Consumer Guide and Disclosures

The following materials are available in PDF format ( Adobe Acrobat Reader required for viewing):

Annual Disclosures 

Student Consumer Guide 21/22

For complete information on Consumer Information and Financial Aid Policies and Regulations please refer to the links given above or obtain a hard copy of these handbooks Student Services.

Drug-Free Policy

Drug Free Handbook 

Policies and Procedures

FA Policies and Procedures 20/21 

COVID-19 Guide

Gainful Employment

Gainful Employment

Campus Security Report

HPTC Campus Security Report  

Campus Safety

Campus Safety & Security Handbook 20/21  

HPTC Programs

Career Major Brochures 

Career Plans of Study

Career Majors Cost Sheet 21/22 

GED Local Classes

Woodward High School
2406 13th Street
Woodward, OK 73801
Phone: 580.256.6063 ext. 3462
Fax: 580.256.4391

Adult education night classes are currently open for enrollment in Woodward for those adults who would like to work toward improving their basic skills in Math, English and reading  or who would like to earn a GED high school equivalency diploma. Classes meet every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 6-8:30 pm and is open throughout the year for all interested adults. The classes and materials are FREE. If you need additional information please call 580.256.6063 ext. 3462.   

Student Policies  

Constitution Day Information

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Grievance (Complaint) Procedures 

Service and Security to Our Community

Student Completion, Graduation Rates, Retention Rates, and Placement Rates 

Student Loan Policy

Student Right to Know - Student Responsibilities

Tuition and Refund Policy

US Copyright Law Infringement and Sanctions

Bureau of Indian Affairs 

Assistance is provided to individuals who are at least 1/4 Indian and listed on tribal rolls. Tribes handle assistance through tribal and area offices. Grants may provide tuition, supplies and living expenses while students are in school.

Workforce Investment Act (W.I.A.)

Services will be provided through a one-stop delivery system. High Plains Technology Center is an eligible provider for WIA and provides a variety of services from employment information to financial aid for training and education programs.

High Plains Next Step Scholarship

High school graduates from HPTC sending schools who live in the district can receive 1050 hours tuition-free hours. The tuition waiver is available for four years immediately following the students high school graduation. In addition to graduating from a HPTC sending school, the student must not have previously completed their 1050 hours of tuition free training while in high school. All students who meet the eligibility requirements are eligible.  

Net Price Calculator

The online Net Price Calculator is designed to assist you with calculating your "estimated" educational cost. Please be advised that the calculator is for  estimating purposes only. Final eligibility for aid is subject to student completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) meeting eligibility, meeting priority deadline, and availability of funds.

The results provided here should only be considered an estimate and do not guarantee the actual financial aid the student will receive. This estimate is not final, is not binding, and may change.  

Click here to access the Net Price Calculator.           

Otha Grimes Scholarship Program  

This scholarship is administered by the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education Foundation and offered in the Fall and Spring. Scholarships are to be used for expenses that directly relate to a student attending a technology center class.  Allowable expenses include: tuition, books, uniforms, conference registration fees, school supplies, and childcare. All adult students can apply for this scholarship.

Eligibility Criteria:

This scholarship is available to adult students enrolled in a program at a Career & Technology Center. The application may be duplicated but it must be on 8 1/2” x 11” white paper, preferably copied from front and back. Application must be typed or neatly printed.

Use of Scholarship Funds:

Any scholarships received from the Oklahoma Career Tech Foundation must be used for expenses that directly relate to a student attending a technology class. Examples of allowable expenses include: Tuition, books, uniforms, gasoline, conference registration fees, school supplies and childcare. Examples of expenses not allowed include: Clothing, rent and food. If a student attending your school is awarded a scholarship, we will send the check to the school and you will be responsible for allocating the scholarship money to the student on an as-needed basis. Otha Grimes Scholarship Application Form

Ted Kyle Scholarship

Ted Kyle was a member of the HPTC board for numerous years. He along with Carl Bogdahn were the people who were instrumental in getting the Career Tech off the ground.  When Ted Passed away, his family donated money to HPTC  to be used for scholarships for students in need.  All Practical Nursing students are eligible to apply.  The scholarship application inquires about the student’s involvement in the community, future goals, and economic need.  A committee of three HPTC employees review all applications and select the recipient.

Click here for Ted Kyle Scholarship Application.

Department of Rehabilitative Services

Eligibility is determined by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. Application is made through the Department of Rehabilitative Services. Funding amounts are determined by the Department of Rehabilitative Services.

Department of Education College Affordability & Transparency Center

The Department of Education has created a website at where a student may find information about how much it costs students to attend different schools, how fast those costs are going up, and information as to why those costs are going up. It includes links to the College Navigator, Net Price Calculator, College Scorecard, State Spending Charts, and College Affordability and Transparency List.

Other Links to Resources

Voter Registration

Selective Service